sâmbătă, 20 februarie 2010

Venezia





The crowded streets mirror Venezia during the Carnival. Since I was there before this time wasn't special. I mean, it would have been for one enjoying being pushed by the crowd that was behaving like a heard of cattles.
Well, yes the masks were interesting, some having intricate details, some people were amazingly free of any inhibition and I've seen couples of 60' behaving like teenagers and I understood that Venezia is a place where you forget about yourself and worries. Behind the mask you can assume any role and be curageous and silly without any remorse or sorrow. Grasp the moment may very well be the motto.
Still I didn't like it.
In my heart there was the first Venezia, 2 summers back with a sunny afternoon and pidgeons and hte quietness of Piazza of San Marco, the time spent in taking photos, enjoying looking at the people coming and going like lazy ants, the sea, the resting boats. Like an unspoiled beautiful picture. The first time. Like being in love. Everything has after that a term of comparison.

But I will go back one day. During the week when Venezia is devoided of comercial stuff. And I will walk on non/turistic streets. And I am sure I will fall in love again.

Un comentariu:

Vera spunea...

Într-adevăr Veneția e de văzut,de simțit prin locurile necunoscute,prin locurile mai puțin circulate...