sâmbătă, 23 mai 2015

The Rainbow collector

Some people might collect old coins, postal stamps, herbs, wine bottles...
I collect rainbows.
I have written before about my wonderful room with a view. Most of the phone/camera photos were taken from my window. Every time it heavily rains I know I get the chance the catch another one. The nostrils might sense the dusty fragrance that fills up the air before the rain, the sweetness of the black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia), but my eyes twinkle in wonder while gazing up to the skies: another one!
I have always felt happy about little things: rainbows, the first snowflakes, droplets of rain on the window, blossomed trees, rustling leaves and grass.
When I see rainbows it is like God smiles back to me. The Biblical promise is repeated over and over again. My face lightens up and I become a child again in front of the majesty of the perfect nature.

Of course, I know about the way light is reflected in little drops of water in the air and by reflection, refraction and dispersion they change everything. In a double rainbow, the order of the colours is reversed, did you know that?
RedOrangeYellowGreenBlueIndigoViolet
                            
If you look closely, these colours are the same colours of the sacral roots. Not that I know much about that, but I like to think that we also reflect the light of the universe somehow like beautiful rainbows. Anyway, let me better show you some of the gems of my collection:

                            
                         






Didn't manage to make you smile too?
Then maybe this does:



Niciun comentariu: