This is a different kind of tree.
Because science can be beautiful too.
I also read this touching story about what is the price of migration. I read it from the perspective of one that has countless friends living abroad in Great Britain, Germany, Belgium, France, Sweden, Spain, Italy... and at least 20 former classmates living in the USA!
and this article about what a mysterious sleeping beauty disease.
I thought of writing a few lines about things that are something else than they appear to be after a counseling class at school. Students responded anonymously to a survey that was trying to identify how happy they are with the way they are perceived or perceive themselves. Many of the female students admitted that they are not comfortable with the way they look: several complained about being too fat and one complained about being too skinny. Some hated their teeth or nose. An impressive number of people though gave religious based answers. They didn't have the right to complain they said because they were plan of God's creation. Some said that they learned how to accept themselves.
I remember how I felt back in those days: my hair color was different from the color of the others (redhead muted tones which later left only some strawberry blonde/ light auburn hues) and I felt weird for sticking out of the crowd. I also had fair skin while the others seem to be kissed by the sun.
Being teenager is really tough. We all know it. The way you feel at this particular age will determine future behavior, standards...
While reading their answers I was touched. I saw them back again as fragile beings, not as a restless, rebellious audience.
And that is something else than it appears to be. Or rather just a piece of a bigger puzzle.

Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu