unrequited love hurts
but love is love and I was blessed to experience it. Sometimes it takes you up in the sky, sometimes it makes you cry. But, in the end, you know you are alive. And you feel the joy of having collected so many beautiful memories, to having traveled up to this stop in your life.
You have to be willing to risk your heart sometimes but no matter how much you love someone (see Pablo Neruda's 17th sonnet) you cannot help someone who doesn't want to be helped. You can be willing to stand by one person for 8 or 9 years, but in the end you learn to choose yourself first. Because you are the only faithful thing you have. You grow old with someone else if you are lucky, but first you grow old with yourself. And accumulated bitterness, unsaid "I miss you" will only deepen the cut. Instead of one fragile heart, in the end there will be two.
I don't want to find a replacement. I don't want to settle, I want someone with whom I can really connect on all levels. I might be idealist, but although hurt, I know love must be there somewhere. Someday...

Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu