duminică, 3 ianuarie 2010

wardrobe diary

I am not that type of person that needs more than 10 to 20 minutes to get dressed and go somewhere. The number of minutes varies according to the place and people I am about to meet. A regular walk in the city does not equal a wedding, obviously.
I am not that type of person that likes to spend her time shopping cause shops make me dizzy and give me the impression that I am invaded by labels/tags and too many textures and patterns of the same kind. It's monotonous in a colourful way, which is paradoxical.
I have some favourite clothes which became my favs for colours, degree of comfort or becasue I bought them in a special day or in a special place.I think the same happens with everybody.
I have fix ideas about what suits me and I prefer simple clothes with just a bit of unique twist somewhere. I add scarves, beans, earrings,headpins, sometime a bracelet to my outfit and it is enough. Love combinations of green and red, grey and pink, violet and green, brown and orange, white and blue or black.I don't really like high heel shoes cause I walk a lot and stand for 5-6 hours per days which is extremely tiring.
I think I am not innovative enoughwhen it comes to clothes and maybe a bit too traditional and simple and sure of my comfort zone. It could be because of my serious job or simply because I am afraid of change. I don't know.
But I love to see shows in which people are transformed and I immediately notice what the others should wear to properly show their figure. I think when it comes to us it is always more complicated.

The link above and the picture belongs to
a woman who gave me the impression that the whole ceremony of dressing up is a simple play, a fun one and I simply loved her set in front of the yellow wall. She combines things, re-uses them and shows how we can communicate our mood and our concepts through what we choose to wear. Maybe that what she teaches us is that there is no receipe for looking good and no matter how many clothes or shoes you buy it won;t be enough unless you get to see them like pieces of a daily puzzle of expressive features, instruments and not a purpose in itself.

Niciun comentariu: