duminică, 12 iulie 2009

Italo Calvino- Invisible cities

Some books are haunting like ghosts. Neither in the evil way nor like a torture. Rather like footsteps on the snow that become hallucinating while leading in different direction. Each one being the right path though. I am afraid not to sound Borges-like because actually what I want to say in simple words is that I love some books better than the others and the one that I choose to "illustrate" below is one of my favorites:

1.“Every time I describe a city I am saying something about Venice”

2."Traveling, you realize that differences are lost: each city takes to resembling all cities, places exchange their form, order, distances, a shapeless dust cloud invades the continents."

3."At every second the unhappy city contains a happy city unaware of its own existence."

4."does your journey take place only in the past?"

5."In Chloe, a great city, the people who move through the streets are all strangers. At each encounter, they imagine a thousand things about one another; meetings which could take place between them, conversations, surprises, caresses, bites. But no one greets anyone; eyes lock for a second, then dart away, seeking other eyes, never stopping."

Un comentariu:

Danilo Barozzi spunea...

molto suggestivo , anche a me piace calvino . belle foto.