
I am a teacher. When I say it I almost feel like Capt. Ahab following a white whale, an illusion called Moby Dick.
It's because I feel like sailing on a sea with forbidden harbours. My pupils have this chance every 4 years but I don't.
I see them becoming smiling grown-ups, tired of staying in a desk all day long and listening to that boring fellow sharing them theoretical knowledge about that huge dessert they call "life". Eager to taste it, to prove to themselves and to the others that they aren't kids anymore. Enthusiastic about what will happen as soon as they set ashore. Each one is unique and each one imagines that he/she will re-write the 1492 moment. Proud sailors resembling to pirates sometimes!
Last couple of days were busy with all sort of graduation ceremonies and Prom night. Seeing them rejoice, dance and sing was sweet and bitter in the same time. It's like you wave to some travel companions, some friends as they are ready to leave. It's about knowing what they don't know yet or barely realize: this voyage is one way ticket only. The ship departs and a younger generation embarks for the Conquest of Paradise.
There are some movies that will carry you back there, but it will be different and idealistic. We tend to see the past like that:
Good Bye Mr. Chips (1939 & 1969 - but the 2nd one is with Peter O'Toole!)
The Breakfast Club (1985)--->A brain, a beauty, a jock, a rebel and a
recluse. Before the day was over, they broke the
rules.
Dead Poets Society (1989)---> Seize the day.
The Emperor's Club (2002)---> A man's character is his fate.
Bang Bang You're Dead (2002)
2 comentarii:
elfa mica si nostalgica:) f fain ai scris.
I love your blog, I really, really do... JCR
Trimiteți un comentariu