
1978
Director:Robert Mulligan
Writers:Bernard Slade (play&screenplay)
Nominated for 4 Oscars.
Ellen Burstyn... Doris
Alan Alda (which I like very much)... George Peters
I really liked the movie when I saw it the first time.I think I must have been in high school or so. It seemed bitter and sweet in the same time. Somewhat corresponding to my idealism but in the same time having that almond like taste of reality.
I didn't remember the title for a long time. Tried checking the internet, but how can you find something if you don't know what are you looking for?
I discovered it today by chance. No need to tell you what a delight was to see it again.It might be seen as mushy or romantic but it is a story about 2 people meeting one week per year over 2 decades.They grow up together. They change. They make you laugh.They are that kind of hand in hand old pair you see sometimes and you envy.
there is one entire youtube series of the movie if you are at least a bit curious.
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu