Bought myself some dark Heidi chocolate (85% cocoa) today. The more cocoa, the better. I have never been a fan of milk chocolate, but occasionally eat some with almonds or pistachios. For some reason the darker the chocolate is the more I feel like travelling back in time in the era of the conquistadors, like I was about to savor a hidden recipe. Not only my mouth palate is filled with the sweetness of it and my tongue is bathed in the velvet like melting pasta, but by my mind also wanders. I think it's called synesthesia.
I later watched the first episode of a new Netflix series called Marco Polo. The reason I chose it it because my mind will always locate The Venetian merchant inside one invisible city due to my fondness for Italo Clavino's book, although not many that I know share my views upon it. To me, as I stated before, the book is the perfect opportunity to dwell into marvelous descriptions of the same reality, as if seeing the same city from the various observation towers offered by a chess table. Changing the perspective is one of the toughest mental exercises. Often, the result mimics the rephrased words of the Talmud when realizing that what is up is also down and what is down is also up in a sense of not equity, but equilibrium, of unseen ties between the things existing in the world. The movie opens with a series of water colour drawings that I have always loved so much for their delicacy and ability to express in an almost fluid form beauty. And again when saying fluid beauty my mind wanders to Michael Cunningham's book that I loved so much.
Notes of the cultures life
countries
Animal comics
more books
They say it's science. SO START WRITING!
(do you know Kenyio White's watercolors ?)
There are some beautiful blue titles in the kings court, there are some beautiful contrasts in the landscapes, there are some muted tones in the street and an exquisite Kar War Wong nostalgia in the falling snowflakes, but the movie has more than photographic jewelries to offer: sexual intrigue, rivalry, betrayal and a little exposure to the Asian culture. Not sure how accurate is that but to an innocent viewer like me it might equal one peep through the keyhole.
So are you going to give it a chance?
* more watercolours, but landscapes this time here
I was also browsing these links:
The 30 best debut novelsNotes of the cultures life
countries
Animal comics
more books
They say it's science. SO START WRITING!

Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu