My DYI projects for this week were: rose water and a felt cosmetic holder. I'm creative and I can't help it.
Rose water is an usual component of perfumes. I am not really into very sweet flowery perfumes but have recently discovered the benefits of the rose water. Turkey (and other Muslim cultures but not only-Hindus use it as well) have long time used it for religious, medicinal and cosmetic purpose. Rose water is also edible and can successfully be added to cookie dough, rice pudding, Turkish delight.
As a cosmetic it can be used as an astringent and a toner for dry and fair skin (check and check).
So how did I do it? well, I boiled petals (4 pink full of amazing fragrance roses) until the petals became white. The quantity of water? Just enough to cover petals. The pot was covered with a glass lid.
Then cooled and strained the petals out.
The resulting liquid was ready to mix with the water in which I kept 4 more roses for the night. Then I put the mixture in bottles and kept them in the fridge. I will give a little bottle to Loredana as she is keen to try it too.
The cosmetic holder was necessary since I I don't like when things take over my space. I am a neat person (but don't have an OCD). I know at least one person who would think that think can be a flaw and not a quality :)
I used felt. Cut it, made small holes and there it is:


Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu