
1.When you are old by W.B. Yeats
Used to ask my pupils to learn it by heart. Felt always a sort of tenderness inside the words.
can be found also on secret,fragile skies*
2. Valentine by Carol Ann Duffy
I think love is not conventional most of the times. Mushy movie lines do not seem to fit the world we live in. But again, what do I know about it?
Still, I wrote about two other poems of the author here. And I deeply regret not having bought her book back in Cork. Well, a lost opportunity. Or does it mean I have to go back to Ireland?
3. If you forget me by Pablo Neruda
take a closer look!
I know. Sounds better in Spanish. Especially if you see Il postino first.
4. Mihai Margineanu's song
Mihai Margineanu - Mai Stii?
I tried to translate it but it simply doesn't manage to collect all the original hues:
*do you remember how I used to call you?
sacred idol with long legs
coming down the river of being the flowing river itself
you were running through my veins till I reached Heaven
with your whiplike tongue you were chasing the tiny rabbits living on the thigh
your smile made me think of honey and your body was made of scent
i was alive
but now, my eyesight is shadowed
by the 3 priests who have come to mourn me
while my flesh smells like the wood the coffin is made of
the barley grows through the remains of the dead horses
and the specks of dust scattered on the ground know that I am theirs
and the cup i was drinking with long time aag is empty
waiting for the love wine to fill it again
5. Poveste sentimentala a lui Nichita Stanescu which in English would be:
like this
* the flowers are from Florabella Collection
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu